Technician's position available at the Department of Microbiology. The application deadline is June 2, 2022.
Position in the project: technician
Scientific discipline: microbiology, immunology
Job type (employment contract/stipend): contract (part-time)
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration amount/month: 4 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at ~2 500 PLN
Application deadline: 2.06.2022
Position starts on: 1.07.2022
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 12 months (initial contract for 3 months with possible extension up to 12 months total)
Institution: Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow
Project leader: dr Aleksander Grabiec
Project title: Epigenetics of periodontitis: DNA methylation in disease development and as a potential therapeutic target
Project is carried out within the First Team programme of the Foundation for Polish Science. The aim of this project is to analyze pathological changes in DNA methylation in gingival cells from patients with periodontitis, identify the influence of Porphyromonas gingialis on DNA methylation in these cells and characterize its biological consequences. Studies performed within this project will not only improve our understanding of this disease, but can also facilitate identification of new therapeutic targets, constituting a foundation for testing new drug classes in the treatment of periodontal disease in the future. Key responsibilities include:
- Daily lab maintenance: preparation of buffers, media, gels and other materials for experiments.
- Preparation of cell and bacterial cultures.
- Technical assistance in experiments of other team members (western blotting, qPCRs, ELISA experiments).
- For interested candidates there will be a possibility to get involved in specific research projects.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- BSc or MSc degree (or equivalent) in biotechnology, biochemistry or any related field of life sciences.
- Experience in laboratory work (basic cell biology techniques: (ELISA, Western Blot, qPCR).
- Experience in eukaryotic cell culture.
- High level of independence, good skills in work organization, planning and keeping experimental track record.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work outside of standard office hours.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Application/motivation letter
- CV including description of experience in laboratory work.
- Copy of a BSc or MSc degree
- A statement of knowledge and acceptance of the rules on intellectual property and legal protection of intellectual property. Forms can be downloaded from the webpage of the Centre of Human Resources
- Contact information of at least one reference.
- Work in a well-funded research laboratory using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
- Collaboration with leading scientists in the field.
- Flexible working hours.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com
(only candidates considered suitable for the post will be informed by return e-mail)
Euraxess job: “Please include in your offer: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.’’